Pages

Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Craziest Week Ever!

I've had weird things going on with my body for more than a year.
  • Bloating
  • A little fatigue (I still felt like I had more energy than most)
  • Back pain
  • Digestive issues
I don't love going to the doctor...who does right?  I've always been a very healthy person and I thought that changing my nutrition or going to yoga would fix what ailed me. My sweet husband Rob finally convinced me to go and have a professional check me out.  My doc had me get a colonoscopy (it came back normal) and then I started a regimen of yoga and cleaner living thinking I just needed to take even better care of myself.

Months later I was still having the same issues and finally went back to the doc after having insane abdominal pain.  On Tuesday August 6th I went in for a pelvic ultrasound.  The next day I got a call saying that I needed to have an MRI right away.  I had the MRI done on Thursday morning.  A couple of hours later I got a call asking me if I could go to another branch of my normal office immediately.

Of course I was beside myself, but Rob and I went to the hospital and met with a wonderful team of caring doctors and nurses headed by Dr. Michelle Dudzinski who told me I needed to have my tumor removed ASAP due to a rising temperature and several other factors.  There was no time to freak out.  We just called all of the necessary people and the next thing I remember, I woke up with yet another kind medical professional (I'm fuzzy on this as I was still feeling loopy from whatever drugs I was pumped with) telling me that I had Stage IIIC ovarian cancer, all of the things they had to remove and a little about chemo. I nodded a lot, asked a few questions and kept looking at my husband.  It's so strange, but the whole time we were getting the news I was worried about Rob...wanting to make sure that he was OK.  It's so strange where the mind goes in times of crisis.

I am truly blessed to have such wonderful family & friends (I love you all soooo much) who have been amazingly supportive and respectful of me and my quirky ways.  To keep them informed and as my own personal form of therapy I'm going to blog on Sunday's and Thursday's.  Until then. Ciao:)





No comments:

Post a Comment