Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Anonymous Hat Benefactor, Symptoms & My Beautiful Mamma

ANONYMOUS HAT BENEFACTOR

As I've shared before, I feel super blessed and overwhelmed by the generosity of friends, family and complete strangers.  I received another surprise this week...two boxes of hats.  Fancy hats, casual hats and sassy hats.  I will wear my new headpieces proudly and would love to thank my benefactor(s).  Please let me know who you are so that I can express my gratitude.  In case you choose not to reveal yourself...THANK YOU!!!  
New hat collection:)

GYNECOLOGICAL CANCER SYMPTOMS

One of my goals with this blog is to share information I wish I'd had.  Many of the symptoms of gynecological cancers are easily misdiagnosed.  They are also very often ignored by women as just girl stuff.  Thankfully most women won't get any of these cancers, but I've always believed that knowledge is power.  Thanks Dede Dierkes for sharing this.



MY BEAUTIFUL MAMMA

My mamma is a cool, brave & strong lady.  Many of you responded to my request for help with a new do with the Go Natural option. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and never wore a wig. She thought they were too hot and itchy.  I think she looked gorgeous with no hair...don't you? 
My foxy mamma, brother & niece Amari

NEW DO 

I went wig shopping with Rob yesterday (the man is a saint) and it wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it was going to be.  My hair is kinky and all of the wigs I looked at were super straight so they didn't quite feel like me. 

My friend Linda gave me one...it's a fun, cute pixie, but it's a dirty blond.  I've never been blond. I'll have to work up to it:) My mom & dad came up this weekend and brought me wig that is Halle-ish so I'll put it into the rotation. I did find one that was wild and crazy, but way too long.  I bought it and gave it a hair cut. I kinda like it.  I decided to take my search online and ordered a Kerry and a Solange.  I think I'm done with the hair thing:)

Thank you Gail Williamson for your help with this!!!

My crazy new do
 A very special GRACIAS to all of my friends from Chico's.  Thank you for the flowers, cards and positive thoughts...love you!!!!!
Ciao!




No comments:

Post a Comment