Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

OMG! Holy Hotflashes

OMG! Holy Hot Flashes...You Just Have to Laugh:)

When I saw Samantha going through cancer on Sex and the City I thought the episode where she was giving a speech to breast cancer survivors was fantastic, but probably exaggerated for dramatic effect.  Surely one wouldn't just spontaneously break out into a sloppy sweat...well, one does.

I've been thrown into menopause with my diagnosis and I can't take hormones because they could interfere with my treatments.  I have full on night sweats and hot flashes come out of no where.  When it happened the first time, I thought about Samantha and just busted out laughing.  I was sitting at a stoplight at the time and I just threw my head back and laughed so hard my stomach hurt. The guy in the car next to me just looked at me and smiled. I  haven't pulled off my wig yet, but that day may be coming.  I'll let you know if that happens..I'll try not to do it with small children around so that I don't traumatize them for life.  I actually think my nephews would love it!:)  

Samantha keeping it real! 
Warning:  there is a little language

EATING THE RAINBOW

I am now back to my normal weight so I have to change my nutrition.  I sure am going to miss all that butter and bread I've being enjoying the last few weeks.  I've been researching what foods I should be eating and there were no surprises.  I should follow a basic healthy diet:  lots of colorful veggies, minimal or no dairy, tons of lean proteins supplemented with glutamine, B6, prenatal vitamins and iron.  Kale keeps coming up as being a super food...it's a good thing I like it:) I'm going to have one last hoorah cupcake tonight.


ANOTHER YEAR OLDER

Yesterday I had a birthday.  It was a lovely day.  My co-workers made me feel special, my friends from Chico's sent me a sweet (literally) surprise, I got hear from lots of family & friends and I spent time with my boyfriend for life...It was perfect.

I actually quit really celebrating them after 9.11.2001.  I always wanted to really be present, remember what happened and honor all of those that died so that I get to live freely in this great country.  I will always remember what happened on that horrific day in 2001 and pay homage, however going forward I'm going celebrate my birthday as well...life is too short not to squeeze as much joy out of it as we can:)

Enjoying a birthday cake pop

ANGELS

Here are Heather and Niki, two more of the amazing ladies that have been taking care of me.  I see both of them every Thursday and their positive energy, empathy and knowledge have meant a lot.  Nurses are my new heroes!

Heather (L) and  Niki (R)



Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment