Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

MY YODA

MY YODA

"Always pass on what you have learned."
-Yoda
Yoda was a wise little dude.  I don't know that I personally have a ton of wisdom worthy of being passed on, but I have had the pleasure of knowing lots of  clever people that have taught me a lot. Dede has been my Yoda for the last couple of months.  I was lucky enough to meet her when I started working at 435 Magazine.  She works for St. Louis Magazine and is a 7 year ovarian cancers survivor.  When I was diagnosed she gave me a very real and truthful picture of what this time would be like.  She gave me nutrition suggestions, chemo tolerance advice and big doses of humor and hope.  Thank you Dede and all of the phenomenal mentors I've had in my life. 

Someday I hope I can be someone's Yoda for something.  I'd be a good 80's dance sensei...said in my very best Yoda voice:) 


FUN & INSPIRATIONAL 5K 

Bright and early this morning Kansas City and St. Louis had their ovarian cancer 5k. It was awesome.  It was fantastic to get out and enjoy the amazing weather and see so many people supporting their loved ones. A special thanks to my sweet husband who got up at the crack of dawn to go with me.

Blue fountain in honor of St. Louis' 5K

St. Luke's Crew


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the men in wigs!

CELEBRATE THE GOOD STUFF & THE GOOD PEOPLE

My friend Angela is getting married in November.  She had one of her showers this afternoon. She is one of those people that always thinks of others,  is crazy talented but doesn't boast and never ever wants to be the center of attention.

There are enough ways the world tells us that we fall short in some way.  My mission is to celebrate the good everyday.  Today I celebrate Angela.  I would also like to celebrate the super delish red velvet cake she had at her shower...I will dream about it tonight...sooo good!

Who or what are you celebrating today?
Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment